Tuesday, October 8, 2013

"A Day Late" Melodic Monday: Drake - "The Motion"


Melodic Monday arrives a day late this week with a track from none other than the OVO man himself Drake and as he would say "Better Late Than Never But Never Late Is Better". If you purchased the Best Buy Copy of Drake's new album Nothing Was The Same then you got "The Motion" as an added bonus. If you purchased the regular deluxe edition then you just got the two extra bonuses, either way here is "The Motion" for your listening pleasure as this weeks "A Day Late" Melodic Monday.

Changed up the lyrics just a bit so put yourself in my place. Besides Drake always says he makes the type of music that both a male and female perspectives can relate to and I will say this is one of those cases. #ThatIsAll

"It's not me and you, it's not me it's you
You're reckless and you know it, they don't love you like I do
Say you're moving on, well, I guess that's just the motion
I guess that's just the motion"

"Yeah, looking back on it at least my pride is intact
Cause we said no strings attached and I still got tied up in that
Everything that I write is either for him or about him
So I'm with him even when I'm here without him and he know it
The guy that I wanna save is like a danger to my health
Try being with somebody that wanna be somebody else
I always thought he was perfect when he was being himself
Don't even know how to help, but I guess that's just the motion"

He'll probably come around
Soon as I settle down, that's the motion
Oh-oh, I guess that's just the motion"



                                                                                                                            XO

1 comment: