Friday, October 4, 2013

Drake MTV Documentary - "Better Than Good Enough" (2010)

Considering Drake has the number one album in the country and we are 4 days into the month of October which is also know in my world as (OVO Month) I figured I may as well live in the moment and post all the stuff that really made me love him and his music to begin with. With that being said I found his MTV Documentary "Better Than Good Enough" as I was doing research on one of his lyrics and it actually derived from something Sway had asked him in the documentary...the question & answer went something like this Sway : “Who are you? and what do you do?"
Drake : "I am Aubrey Graham and I make a living off being myself”. 
It is moments like that question and answer that is riveting in a sense when someone actually knows who they are, who they will always be, and will never try to be something other than themselves. The documentary chronicles the release of his debut album Thank Me Later and displayed a different side of the Toronto rapper, a more real version of himself. Since he began his career Aubrey "Drake" Graham has never portrayed to be anyone except for himself and I believe that the realness of who he is actually sets the difference between he and every other rapper in the game. Watching this documentary along with any other interview or documentary about him and having heard Thank Me Later, Take Care, and his latest album Nothing Was The Same you will see the growth exemplified from the rapper both career wise and personally. Where he has been and how far he has came in the short time he has been in the industry all while remaining himself will give you a new love and respect for Drake the person, Drake the rapper, and his music. 






                                                                             XO
Happy OVO Month

No comments:

Post a Comment