Sunday, September 8, 2013

Drake "Nothing Was The Same" vs. "Take Care"



A glass of red wine sits on the table during Drake's latest MTV interview and the whole time I am listening to what he is actually saying I am wondering if it could possibly Tignanello or Gaja Sito Moresco (those are his favorite wines). Having a debacle in my head about the type of wine he is drinking should be furthest to what I should actually be thinking about considering he is saying that  Never Was The Same is better than Take Care. In the interview he was crystal clear as he said "I think the music that I am making is more concise, more clear I've been able to get my thoughts across a lot better on this album. Take Care is a great album I listen to it and realize where I can do better and I think I have done better on this album." Take Care was a masterpiece that I fell in love and have stayed in love with because he put his heart on the line in every lyric, melody, and beat of that album. To think that Never Was The Same will give me an even bigger love affair than Take Care did almost scares me cause Take Care is on such a pedestal in my world. If Drake is saying Never Was The Same is better than Take Care then I guess there should not be a rebuttal because we are hearing it from the mouth of the speaker of such opinion, the person who created such work. 

SEPTEMBER 24
Never Was The Same 

No comments:

Post a Comment