Thursday, August 8, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Biggie - "One More Chance" & Tupac "Life Goes On"


There was a debate or an Eastcoast/Westcoast feud the other day amongst some Americans, Canadians, and just plain Hip Hop fans as to who was better Biggie or Tupac? Not to offend anyone but who would have thought Canadians could argue about eastcoast and westcoast when they are almost at the north pole? At heart I believe I am a little Canadian because of Drake being from Canada but I will not make this about Drake making me somewhat Canadian. I will make it about the debate of Biggie and Pac. I almost lost my heart literally to hear people debating such because I had never made myself as a Hip Hop fan choose between Biggie and Tupac. In my opinion they were two totally different people that someone should not have to choose between. Biggie was the host of the eastcoast and my side of the world, and he was brilliant and iconic. Tupac was the host of the westcoast and taking us back to Cali Cali, and he was beautiful and could hit ones soul just having speak. There was a valid point made by a Canadian when someone said "Biggie was the better rapper if you are talking straight lyrical craziness and he had a better beat selection. Pac was the better rapper if you are talking about engaging the listeners emotions. Two legends but I pick B.I.G. as the greatest." After hearing that statement my logic was justified even more Biggie was brilliant with his lyrical sway and Pac was beautiful with his emotional sway. This bringing us to my Throwback Thursday pick and not being able to choose . Why choose if you can have both? Why pick between two of the best rappers that ever did live? I would have almost but I do not have to so for Throwback's sake I pick Biggie's "One More Chance" and Tupac's "Life Goes On". Both songs are iconic pieces of history left by both of these great men who have left behind two very different legacy's to HIp Hop that can be appreciated for various reasons, and by many different individuals whether you are from the eastcoast, westcoast, or Canada :). We can forever remember both of them for their own unique originality and the fact that they are two of the greatest rappers that ever lived. I am thankful for such music and gems, for it is these things that make music worth its while.

                                                                                                  XO

1 comment:

  1. Yup you're right. I fell in love with this <3 Great work Candyland :)

    ReplyDelete