Monday, August 12, 2013

Melodic Monday: Drake - "Cameras" & Jon B. "Calling On You"

As I put Drake's previous albums on play just to hold me and my drive me crazy anticipation over until the release of his new album Never Was The Same dropping on September 17th, I cannot help but want to listen to Take Care another one million times. Although all of his previous albums and mixtapes were type solid efforts Take Care still does something to me like it is my first time listening to it all over again. One of my favorite tracks on Take Care was the track "Cameras" where Drake actually sampled R&B singer Jon B's song "Calling On You", from Jon B's Pleasures You Like album. This bringing us to Melodic Monday and the track that fits according on this very Monday is Drake's "Camera's". The song still has Drake going steady at his lyrical pace with a mixture of his at times R&B tone, but it is the enlisting of Jon B's vocals over that bridge that gives it an all day melodic feel. Without Jon B's one there probably would not be the Drake's other unless it was a totally different song, so with that being said I have to give you both Drake's "Cameras" and Jon B's "Calling On You". I am giving both simply because Drake's "Cameras" would have never had those Jon B vocals from "Calling On You" if Jon B would have never created that song, and the two would have never complimented one another so very melodically the way in which they did.
                                                                 XO

1 comment:

  1. I must've been living under a rock. How did I not know that was Jon B's song? I love that white boy! :)

    ReplyDelete