Thursday, January 3, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Lauryn Hill - I Get Out (MTV Unplugged No. 2.0)


With Throwback Thursday on my mind all day today I took a trip through my Tangible Arts Collection (aka my huge cd collection because I am the last person on earth who still actually buys cd's), and I wanted to make the Throwback song a song of distinction. I wanted the song to live out loud and to be something that I loved. As soon as I came across the Lauryn Hill MTV Unplugged 2.0 live album it was then that I knew that this was the album that I would take a song from to make my Throwback for the day, needless to say I already knew which song was the lottery pick. I remember getting goosies and crying through almost all of Lauryn's Unplugged when I watched it back in 2002, her soulful formality and the way in which she made you feel every single thing she was singing was magnificent. "I Get Out" was riveting and one of the best performances I have ever seen the songs imperfect cadence and the way layed all emotions out for you to see, made Lauryn everything in that breathtaking performance. Enjoy <3!!!

                                                                  XO

No comments:

Post a Comment