Monday, January 28, 2013

Melodic Monday: Mariah Carey feat. Krayzie Bone & Da Brat -"I Still Believe/Pure Imagination"

The Melodic Monday spot clincher is a song that comes from the ever so talented Mariah Carey and is the remix to her song "I Still Believe". The remix titled "I Still Believe/Pure Imagination" enlists features from Bone Thugz-N-Harmony member Krayzie Bone and female rapper Da Brat. The remix embodies a significant difference from Mariah's original version of "I Still Belive" because the melody of the song is heavily driven by the song "Pure Imagination", from the film Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. A shorter version of "I Still Believe/Pure Imagination" without Da Brat enlisting more sound from Krayzie Bone is featured on Bone's album Thug Mentality 1999. I cannot deny the fact that I absolutely love the remix version of this song because of the melody, and not to mention Krayzie Bone and Da Brat giving the song a vibe all its on, right along with Mariah's harmonic vocals.
                                                                                           XO

No comments:

Post a Comment