Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Throwback Thursday: B.I.G. - "Hypnotize"


 
With plenty of headlines being about B.I.G.'s autopsy this week and how the report was revealed some 15 years after the Hip Hop Icons death, I felt it was only right to give him my Throwback Thursday spot. This song was not all my idea for I am a bit under the weather so I had help deciding when a certain friend threw some ideas out, for me to grab none other than "Hypnotize" by the late B.I.G. The track "Hypnotize" was the first single from Big's Life After Death album and was produced by Sean "P Diddy" Combs who took the rhythm from "Rise", a Herb Alpert instrumental. Sixteen years later the song and its chorus is still embedded in my head as though I was memorizing it for the first time. Tragically the autopsy report stated that even though Big was hit 4 times it was only one bullet (the one that entered his left side and tore through his colon, liver, heart and left lung) that proved fatal and was the cause of 24 year old Christopher Wallace's death. I am grateful for songs like this Throwback Thursday clincher that he left behind, for it still makes him seem more alive today than when the song first dropped in 1996.
 
                                                       XO

No comments:

Post a Comment