Thursday, October 11, 2012

Throwback Thursday: P. Diddy - I Need A Girl (Part 1) & ( Part 2)


 
I wanted to take a more mellow approach with my Throwback this week so I picked a song that came in two parts. P Diddy's "I Need A Girl" Part 1  boasted features from Usher and Loon while "I Need A Girl" part 2 boasted features from Loon and Genuwine. Both songs can be found on P. Diddy's We Invented the Remix, which is a remix album by Diddy and members of the Bad Boy fam. A very rare occurrence happened as both parts appeared as chart hits, when Part 1 landed the #2 spot on the US Billboard Hot 100 and Part 2 went #1 on the Billboard Hot Rap Tracks chart. Both parts of the song had a melodic feel while part two did take a bit more of a rap approach. I could not choose just one so both parts landed a Throwback Thursday spot this week, although Part 1 may just be my favorite.
 
 
                                                       XO

No comments:

Post a Comment