Monday, October 8, 2012

Melodic Monday: Frank Ocean - Thinking About You

 melodic [mɪˈlɒdɪk] adj
1. (Music, other) of or relating to melody
2. (Music, other) of or relating to a part in a piece of music
3. (Music, other) tuneful or melodious
melodically adv
I am completely in love with the word Melodic and for quite sometime I have wanted to do a Melodic Monday piece, and with today being Monday I find it only fitting. The beginning of the week can be the pits and sometimes you just need a melody to carry you through the first day of the week, back into the swing of things. If you are anything like me I wake up with melodies in my head and cannot go a morning, a day, or a night without one.  I have often referred to some artists as being Melodic because of their tone and how beautiful their effort can sound because of it. Today Frank Ocean has been my Melodic Monday muse with his charting single "Thinking About You" from his latest project and debut studio album Channel Orange. Frank is nothing less than beautiful in the midst showcasing his delicious falsetto with this intriguing ballad.


"A tornado flew around my room before you came
Excuse the mess it made, it usually doesn't rain"
                                                                                                    
                                                                                           XO

1 comment:

  1. ...in Southern California much like Arizona, my eyes don't shed tears but boy they bawl when I'm thinking 'bout you...

    ReplyDelete