Thursday, August 23, 2012

Throwback Thursday: OutKast - Rosa Parks


 
I have been thinking about Throwback Thursday for most of the day today and still at 10 pm I had nothing. OutKast was on my list all day but I was back and fourth with whether or not I was going to use them until I seen a certain tweet from @SpitsNelson that served as my CONFIRMATION.
 
 Rosa Parks was the first single from the duo's 1998 album Aquemini, and title comes from the civil rights activist Rosa Parks. In 1999, Rosa Parks sued OutKast and LaFace Records over the song but it was not until  2005 that a settlement was reached and OutKast, producers, and their record label paid an undisclosed cash settlement and agreed to work with the Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute for Self Development in creating education programs about the life of Rosa Parks.
    
                                                               XO

No comments:

Post a Comment