Thursday, June 21, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot (Remix)


For Throwback Thursday I always ask myself what songs use to make me hype when they came on the radio? What songs use to be that ish when they first came out?  This song in particular makes me think of the times when me and my best friend would be driving somewhere and it would come on the radio, we would get stupid hype. Today's Throwback Thursday goes to Mims and his song "This Is Why I'm Hot". The single was co-written by Mims and produced by Blackout Movement for his debut album Music Is My Savior that was released in 2007. In the midst of all the hype and becoming certified platinum "This Is Why I'm Hot" reached No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, as well as #2 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Rap Tracks chart. The beat to this song is incredible especially when it drops at the end for the final verse of the song. This is a song that reminds you of why you love Hip Hop.
  
                                                                            XO

No comments:

Post a Comment